Borris & District Tractor NutsSaturday May 11th:
Hello and thanks for stopping by at the Tractor Nuts website! Here you can find out all about the Borris & District Tractor Nuts Annual Road Runs which takes place in May each year.
2013 Tractor Nuts - May 11th & 12th
You'd be Nuts to Miss It!
Tractor Nuts welcomes friends and family from all over the world, inviting them home to the picturesque town of Borris in Co. Carlow for one of the most popular annual fundraising events in the South East. This year Tractor Nuts are cranking up a gear and hosting a two day festival to mark the Gathering 2013 and Tractor Nuts 10th anniversary.
The festival will kick start on Saturday 11th May in the beautiful surroundings of Borris House. And in keeping with tradition, on the Sunday 12th May, hundreds of beautifully restored vintage tractors will start out on the Borris and District Tractor Nuts 10th Annual Road Run raising vital funds for both the Irish Cancer Society and the Irish Kidney Association.
A Gathering of People and of Tractors...The sons and daughters of Borris are returning home to honour the anniversary of this great community tradition, and Borris promises to host a Gathering never to be forgotten...
Come see the spectacular "Gathering of Fordson Tractors" with ploughing exhibitions, farmer's markets and kids entertainment in Borris House.
The Fordson Gathering is another first for Tractor Nuts and has being inspired by visitors coming from overseas, especially our American guests, as it is their homeland where Henry Ford completed his first Fordson tractor in 1916.Schedule of the Tractor Nuts festivities:
- 2pm "Gathering of Fordson Tractors," competitions, tractor backing competition & ploughing demo's
Mad Hatters Tea Party for Kids with entertainment from Mini, Mickey and Bob the Builder
- Borris Bachelor Bootcamp...Be entertained when our local bachelors are put through bootcamp in a test to turn them into perfect husband material! Our fine bachelors will take part in cooking and salsa dance classes. Celebrity chef Edward Hayden and the ICA bootcamp ladies will take no messing from these lads!
- Saturday night's Ho Down Barn Dance, 8pm:
Borris House Ballroom will host a "Ho Down Barn Dance" and the crowning of The Bachelor of Borris 2013. Each bachelor will perform a party piece live on stage with local MC Billy Canning showing us highlights from the day's bootcamp activities!
The night also promises live folk and trad bands, line and set dancing and great food.
Ticketed event with proceeds going to the Irish Cancer Society and the Irish Kidney Association. (8pm to late)
Prize for the best dressed Cowboy and Cowgirl.
Sunday 12th May:
- Annual Tractor Road Run at 12noon. Roll out of Borris around midday for a 26 mile road run.
- The drivers will take the original route used ten years ago on the first ever Tractor Nuts run.
- Afterwards from 4.30pm, all will gather in The Step House, Borris for a barbeque of pig roasting on a spit, music and lots of entertainment.
So mark your diary, get your sponsorship card and join all the other Tractor Nuts and Nutettes for what promises to be one of the best years ever for two worthy causes - The Irish Kidney Association and The Irish Cancer Society.
For further information on the Tractor Run, Maps and Sponsorship Cards contact Brian on (086) 2595281 or Denis on (059) 9773551
To date more than €140,000 has been raised for the Irish Cancer Society and the Irish Kidney Association. Let's aim to collectively increase that figure in 2013 and have a very enjoyable weekend too! All are encouraged to take to the road with their tractors